Great Estates, Inc. is pleased to offer Camp Woods Estate, a most treasured estate located in the Whitpain Township section of Montgomery County in suburban Philadelphia. Steeped with history and distinction, this property was appropriately named “Camp Woods” after President George Washington camped here over 250 years ago.
Great Estates Inc. is honored to continue the preservation of “Camp Woods” recognizing and appreciating the history and vision that was so carefully established and maintained for almost three centuries.
Great Estates Inc. has transformed “Camp Woods” preserving the integrity, beauty, and charm as it was envisioned over 95 years ago. It is a true collaborative effort respecting the vision of the artisans and creators of yesterday while being mindful of today’s living requirements. The authenticity and attention to detail is unsurpassed. The incorporation of all the modern systems of today is incomparable.
The prestigious location of “Camp Woods” allows convenient access to major highways, private schools, country clubs, major retail and medical facilities.
A private airport is within 3 miles of the property.
- 8 private acres of professionally landscaped and manicured grounds attached to over 32 acres of conserved grounds.
- 5000 square foot bluestone terrace with perimeter stonewalls, in ground salt-water pool and pool pavilion with a fireplace.
- Loggia dining area with fireplace.
- Columned side porch area with brick paving facing the open grounds.
- Custom made western cedar fence around the entire property.
- Formal gated front entrance with a tree lined crushed limestone entry drive.
- Gated service entrance.
- Custom sculptures on grounds and terrace areas.
- 15,000 square feet of living space.
- Custom millwork and cabinetry throughout the entire house.
- Quarter sawn white oak hardwood floors.
- Hydronic radiant floor heat including in the garage areas.
- Central chilled water for air conditioning systems.
- 800 amp electrical service with natural gas back-up generator.
- Structured wiring for media and data throughout the entire house.
- Central vacuum system.
- State of the art security system.
- Passenger elevator for access from the lower level through the second level.
- 5 fireplaces.
- Fully furnished including certain artwork and state of the art flat screen televisions.
- Hand cut quarried stone with ribbon joint pointing.
- Custom slate roof with copper flashings, gutters and downspouts.
- Lightening protection.
- All exterior trim and sided areas are western cedar and mahogany.
- Custom mahogany entry and garage doors.
- Custom made double hung windows replicating period windows from 1913 meeting to today’s UV and Green standards.
First Floor Level
- Large living room with a fireplace and double French doors leading to the side veranda.
- Entry foyer and anteroom leading through to the rear terrace.
- Formal dining room with a fireplace and butler pantry/bar area.
- Large custom kitchen and breakfast area, professional grade appliances, custom cabinets and marble tops.
- Family room with a fireplace and custom cabinetry.
- Private study/sitting room.
- Family entry leading through to the loggia area.
- Pantry storage room.
- 2 powder rooms.
- Large laundry facility with double washers and dryers.
- 4 car heated garage with a floor shower and custom storage cabinets.